If you’re like us and still contemplating exactly what you’re going to get those special people in your life this Christmas, well, we figured we’d just share our list since we’re right there with you! Because we are all about keeping things easy AND local, today we are sharing NINE of our favorite Madisonian holiday gift ideas – please enjoy our 2017 Madison-themed holiday gift guide, and happy shopping!
1. JEWELRY: Cire Alexandria – Since the moment we found out about her, we have always been in love with Cire’s handmade jewelry. She has incredible taste and makes beautiful one-of-a-kind earrings, bracelets, hair clips, and necklaces. Guys, we think we can speak for a lot of women when we say we’ll take one of each, please. 🙂
2. PRINTS: Rock Paper Antler – If you or a loved one are still on the hunt for the perfect print for the office, bedroom, living room… heck, any room, look no further than Paper Antler! This world-travelin’ husband and wife duo have curated some of the most beautiful and stylistic images we’ve ever seen.
3. GOOD EATS: Madison Sourdough/MSCO Patisserie – Okay, we may be a bit biased since Mallory’s uncle-in-law co-owns this restaurant, but if you haven’t had the chance to give MSCO a try, do yourself a favor and GO NOW. We aren’t kidding in saying that treating your loved one to a gift card or sweet from their attached patisserie is a good idea this holiday season.
4. DESSERT: Calliope Ice Cream – Speaking of sweets, you should also definitely check out this specialty ice cream in your local grocery stores! The minute we had the chance to taste Staci’s off-the-wall ice cream flavors (her Brandy Old Fashioned is seriously insane), we knew we’d be hooked for life. Apologies in advance to your loved ones for their new addiction. 🙂
5. HOLIDAY DECOR: Floret & Pine – Renee’s biodegradable wreaths and evergreen swags are simply perfect for the holidays. Plus, we think it’s pretty amazing that 22% of F&P’s sales go toward “Stop Soldier Suicide,” an organization dedicated to preventing active duty and veteran suicide. Each year, she adds more and more to her offerings, too!
6. CRAFTING/EXPERIENCE: Revel – We all have that special someone who is pretty impossible to shop for. Well, rather than get them more STUFF, why not treat them to a day of crafting or project-making instead? Revel offers SO many fun workshops – you can make etched pint glasses, glittery drink trays, beautiful agate coasters, and then some! Be sure to check it out soon though, classes fill up quickly!
7. FITNESS: The Barre Code – If you have any fitness fanatics in your life, you would be wise to gift them a membership or experience at this hip new workout spot in Madison! Besides, who doesn’t love a good booty burn around the holidays?!
8. CAUSE: The Love Sum – Taryn at The Love Sum has a really special thing going – not only does this gal promote the inclusion of love in our day-to-day lives, every so often she also offers a “Love Month,” where you can purchase a full month of special, personalized notes sent to the ones you love. What a lovely idea!
9. POTTERY: Dongzhu Pottery Studio – Located on Monroe Street in Madison, this recently-opened pottery studio offers an array of classes and unique, handmade pieces that would make the perfect gift or statement piece!
Happy Holidays, y’all, and happy shopping!!